Wednesday, March 12, 2008

J: 080312

“And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him.” (Mark 9:26)
“Followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” (Heb. 6:12)

I had discontinued my devotional readings for a while. What seems coincidental is that every time I restarted reading the Spring of Desert entries of the dates accordingly, the messages again reminded me of the lesson of faith. How weak my passion for God has been as I have been losing Faith on my spiritual life. It gets me wonder: why is my heart not filled with God’s grace consistently? Why am I committing the same sins over and over again even though I know He is watching? Why do I not leave all my burdens to Him while I know He’s the almighty being?

Evil never surrenders its hold without a sore fight. We will never pass into any spiritual inheritance through a nice picnic at the backyard or a nice walk at the park. It appears that I haven’t really been trying hard enough to let God enter my soul, let Him fight the fight with me, let Him drive the sloth out of me. I am still not inheriting the promises provided by God due to the facts that I am not trying hard enough to be one of His followers. I am still hesitating when voices are whispering at me to follow His words; I still focus on solving the problems myself when the tests are placed upon; I am still standing infirmly as I am waiting for my Lord to lay my path before me.

Today, there was this trace amount of desire for God that slipped through the brick wall of my heart, and I decided to continue to reflect God’s words on my life, again. Here I am Lord, praying to you, please open my heart and continue to touch my soul and fill me with your grace.

No comments: